This policy document does not replace or supersede the content of our formal policy below but rather offers a general overview as a reference and for additional clarification.
- If you are a client or a prospective client, we may request personal and other types of data from you for the purpose of doing business with you and providing our services to you. In the language of GDPR, we hold this data under the label “legitimate interests.”
- If we might share business interests with you, we may keep your details with your permission so that we can contact you about our services, our company, or our people. You can ask us to stop at any time. In the language of GDPR, we hold this data under the label “consent.”
- If you have expressed interest in being an employee, Human Resources will keep, process, and share your profile data with hiring managers so we can match your skills and credentials to opportunities within our organization. We interpret this expressed interest as your implicit consent for us to use the data for this purpose. In the language of GDPR, we hold this data under the label “legitimate interests.”
- We will use all reasonable processes, systems, and good practices available to us to protect your data from unauthorized persons. We will never share your personal data with third parties without your expressed consent, and does not and will not sell your personal information.
- GDPR gives you a number of rights around your data, including the right to know the data we hold and, subject to some limits, the right to ask for your data to be deleted. See below for more detail.
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will hold your data for no more than two (2) years after we last hear from you. This duration may change for legal or auditing purposes.
- We use ‘cookies’ on our website to understand how visitors use the site. Although it is possible to link analytical data with individual Internet Service Providers (“ISP’s”), we do not do this in practice.
- If you have any comments, questions, or concerns about this policy or how we store, process, and use data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2.0 The Details
(“Plus urbia LLC” or “Plusurbia Design”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and by abiding by the spirit and intent of GDPR. This policy explains how we use any personal information that you provide to us through our website or other digital channels. We may change this policy without warning, but we will post any changes on this page. Please read it carefully.
2.1 Why we collect information – We collect information about you for the following reasons:
- To better tailor our response to your query; and
- To update you on news related to the company, our work and our people.
2.2 How we collect information from you – You may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our website or at one of our office locations, by visiting our website or digital channels, or by responding to an email. You may provide this information when you inquire about our company, our people or our services.
When you use our websites or digital channels, we may automatically collect information about your device, including your IP address, your visit, including how you got to our website, and how you use our digital channels. We may combine this information with other information you have provided to us or that we have received about you from other sources.
The personal information that you provide will likely include your name, your company and/or business, address, email address, and phone number. It may also include information about your business, company or the purpose of your inquiry.
We collect information in the following ways:
2.2.1 Comments When visitors leave comments on our website, we collect the data shown in the comments form. We also collect the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to aid in spam detection.
2.2.2 Contact Forms If visitors contact or register to receive email updates through forms on our site, we collect information to respond to their inquiries, including name, email address, and message. We will also collect the IP address and browser user agent string to aid in spam detection.
2.2.5 Analytics Plusurbia.com uses Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie with a randomly generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc. We also send Google your IP Address. We use Google Analytics to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, and so on. This information is important to us for improving the user experience and determining site effectiveness. If you would like to access what browsing information we have – or ask us to delete any Google Analytics data – please delete your cookies, reach out to us at the email at the end of this Policy, and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
2.3 How we use your personal information – We may use personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you with the information and/or services you request from us.
- Marketing, advertising, and other informational purposes associated with our company, our services, and our people. This may be based on inferences about you or your likely interests based on your activity on other Plusurbia digital channels.
- Measuring and understanding the effectiveness of the content we provide via the website and other digital channels.
- Administering our websites and other digital channels for internal business administration (e.g., troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes).
- Protecting our interests and those of third parties in an effort to keep our network and content safe and secure.
2.4 Legal basis for processing – Processing your personal information for the purposes described above will typically fall into one of the following legal categories:
Consent: You consent to our use of your personal information when you leave a comment on our website or request or agree to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time by updating your marketing preferences or specifically sending an email to email@example.com requesting to unsubscribe from our emails.
Legitimate interests: Our legitimate interest is to use your personal information to operate, improve and promote our services.
Legal obligations: We may disclose your personal information when required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority. We may also disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you (if any) or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Plusurbia, its users, or others. This includes sharing personal information with other organizations for fraud prevention purposes.
2.5 Sharing your personal information – Plusurbia.com does not and will not sell your personal information.
2.6 Storage – We may transfer, store or process your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The laws in some countries may not provide the same legal protection as the EEA for your personal information. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. Where we use service providers outside the EEA, we rely on approved data transfer mechanisms (e.g., the EU Standard Contractual Clauses and the EU-US Privacy Shield) to adequately safeguard your personal information in the receiving country.
It is important to note that the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. While we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot fully guarantee its security. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security protocols to try to prevent unauthorized access.
3.0 Your rights
You have the right to request that we do not process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can do this at any time by updating your email preferences or by clicking to “unsubscribe” in any marketing email we send you. You can also opt out of receiving any marketing-related emails by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will handle all information requests in accordance with the law, which means that certain legal reasons may preempt us from fulfilling some requests.
4.0 Links to third-party websites
5.0 Contact us
Last Policy Update: October 10, 2020